It starts with defining the research or business problem
My passion is helping clients with data projects that have impact.
Projects start with a good idea. A proof of concept (PoC) shows if the idea will work. From that basis, continuous iteration will allow to improve the project to the desired stage.
In collaboration with different teams, I have successfully managed projects from A-Z. This includes computer vision projects, such as object detection, image classification, as well as e-commerce data analyses.
Breaking down the question in different steps
All projects can be broken down into different building blocks. Often, it includes one or more of the following steps:
- Implementation of a database
- Preparation of cloud or local environment
- Data collection and annotation
- Data exploration and visualization
- Data preprocessing and quality inspection
- Training and validation of machine / deep learning models
- Deployment of models
- Monitoring of model performance in production
Examples of applications
Machine / deep learning can be used to classify certain characteristics of a photo without human intervention. For example, it can be used to identify the principal color of a photo, which can be used as tags in aggregated e-commerce sites.
Object detection is another area of applications. Please see below how it serves in spotting product defects.